Saturday 9 March 2013

Summer Bucket List.

Last week the sun most definitely had it's hat on; and I was ready to wave goodbye to Winter and welcome SUMMER with open arms.
Unfortunately I think I was a bit premature....I've just come in from taking the dog for a walk and it was windy, rainy, cold and all in all pretty bloody miserable.
BUT whats getting me through these morbid Spring days is the thought that Summer is (fingers crossed) just around the corner.

When Summer begins i always think that it will last forever, but before I know it I'm back round the dinning table eating roast Turkey, singing Jingle Bells and thinking 'where the chuff did my summer go?'. So this year to make sure i don't miss a single second of it I've made myself a 'Summer Bucket List'- which I encourage you to do too! (it definitely makes it feel that summer is within reaching distance)

1)GET A TAN.

Frankly its not Summer if I haven't changed race.

 2)HAVE AS MANY BBQS AND PICNICS AS PHYSICALLY POSSIBLE.

Being able to stay outside on a park or in a garden til the late hours with a few drinkskies and some amazing people is just whats needed for it to embrace the summer time.


3) TO PLAY VOLLEYBALL ON THE BEACH AND GO KAYAKING

Frolicking in the sunshine...plus if I'm rubbish I can just blame the sand 'i cant reach the athlete within on such a terrain!'

4)STAYING ON THE BEACH FROM MORNING TIL NIGHT.

Relaxing and getting a tan; and of course running into the sea without a second thought....but probably soon after (when your smuggling peanuts) regretting such a rash decision.

5)HAVE A WATERFIGHT.

My friends and I all seem to be growing up and becoming proper adults; so i think its important to not forget the immaturity within and just have some fun....
My battle tactics are already prepared.


6)SPEAKING OF IMMATURITY.

MESSY TWISTER. I saw this online and it just looks amazing. It doesn't necessarily have to be done in summer- but I'm sure the clean up will be a whole lot easier if done outside!

7) GO ON A ROADTRIP.

Not sure when, where or why....but thats all in the fun right?

8) BUILD A FORT.

And camp in it...of course!

9) MAKE HOMEMADE ICE TEA AND TIE-DYE T-SHIRTS.

Its the only time of year where I think I can be accepted in such a fashion faux pas.

 10) GO FRUIT PICKING.

Something me and my sister would always do with my Dad when we were little. It's a summer memory that will stay with me always and I'd love to go again and make even more fantastic memories. And failing that at least make some jam.

 

 11) HAVE AN OUTDOOR PARTY.

 Being able to cherish moments with friends in one of the last summers where chances are we'll all have time off together.

 12) GO TO A FESTIVAL.

Benicassim tickets have been BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKED!!! 

13)GO ON A BIKE RIDE.

Long summer days where you don't have to think 'oooo it might get dark soon' and can just peddle til you please. And of course stopping off at a nice pub to refuel.
 

14) POSSIBLE?

I have no idea if this is possible but if you break a glow stick and put it in bubble mixture it SHOULD make glow in the dark bubble....perfect for my outdoor party eh.

15) BEEN SOMEWHERE I HAVE NEVER BEEN BEFORE.

  My heart is already there....
 

So basically i want everlasting nights, lit only my candles and bonfires. And then to wake up to sun kissed mornings which are only interrupted by the sound of birds tweeting and friends laughing.


1 comment:

  1. Great Post my dear!
    Love your blog, just followed!
    Would you like to come over and maybe follow too, if you like?
    Have a nice sunday!
    xoxo

    http://rebelishion.blogspot.ch/

    ReplyDelete